Monday, January 25, 2010

Warm and Wintery


It's been cold lately. And when I'm cold I seek comfort and warmth under a blanket.. and in food. Whether it be a hot home-made ginger tea or a spicy black bean soup, a nice warm dinner never fails to make me feel better after a dreary cycle home from the office in the cold.

I made this lovely wintry lemon and wild mushroom risotto in the weekend. It had the woody flavour of mushrooms combined with the fresh tangy lemon which definitely did the trick in making me feel a little happier. Well that - and the load of cuddles I got after dinner for the nice meal. :)

2 comments:

Timi Stoop-Alcala said...

yum! and it looks so pretty, too. where's the recipe? ;-)

Anonymous said...

The sad thing is that it's juts about the time for mushroom risotto again, judging by the weather in Amsterdam lately! :(

Post a Comment